Expectations & Grace.

Our expectations should be in the perfection of Christ, which won’t be attained until we reach eternity. Having expectations for perfection in earthly, human, sinful beings will only set yourself up to tear others down. When we expect others to be perfect and they don't attain that goal then we become increasingly aware of their failures. I know for myself I’ve expected others to grasp and apply Godly counsel to their own lives the moment after they learn it whether through prayer, worship or a message.
\\

I create this almost unattainable goal for someone. This goal isn’t even something I’d create for myself because I know that I may mess up and most likely take time and practice to apply it on a daily basis. But I don’t give others this kind of grace. I set the bar high, I expect them to follow- through and attain it and when they don't attain it I’m disappointed; I create animosity toward that person and react on that. I’m pretty sure this is the exact opposite of how God expects us to act.


Even if the person understands the lesson, proclaims they’ll apply it but continuously never does we are still called to give grace and mercy to them. We are not called to be judges. We are not called to be holier than thou. We are called to be examples, just as Christ was. We are called to possess the characteristics of Jesus but when we raise the bar to the highest point for others and lower it for ourselves we are nowhere near being Christ-like.
...

We’ve got to realize this is evil, that this is sinful. Changing someone is God’s authority, not ours. We can only be vessels that express a Christ-like life!
[This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have hope for others. Our hope needs to be grounded in God, though, not in human abilities.]


The more your life consistently expresses Christ, the more people will notice how God has directed your life. Why would I expect others to be perfect when I know that I could never be? I know that this is something that may take a while to become habitual. It still doesn't always come easy to me to give grace to others. Grace does go a long way but first we need to learn how to accept the grace given to us from God. If we don't know how to accept this gift and live a life on the foundation of this gift we will certainly not be able to give it freely without conditions to others around us. God is waiting to humble you and teach you His way of giving grace. Take to the Scriptures and talking with the Lord for direction about grace. He will answer. He will show you. Just ask. 
//

Romans 14:1-4
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Give Grace. Grace Has Been Given To You. 

Peace & <3,
Samantha 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Samantha Metzger 2015. Powered by Blogger.
© Samantha Metzger and His. Beloved., 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Samantha and His. Beloved. with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.