Beauty Has No Definition

First off, so sorry for not posting earlier this week. I've been extremely busy. Hope you have a great weekend and feel God's love and beauty around you. Just take a look outside and see the positives through everything. :)


We tend to find fault in the way we look, act, and feel. Most of the time we question why we were made a certain way. Questioning yourself on whether or not you are worth more than you give yourself credit is like saying those things are wrong, to God. He is the one that made you, so therefore you are questioning His image of you. We have to remember that God made us in His perfect image. We fell to sin once born on earth but while inside our mothers' womb we were perfect. In the beginning God created us to be perfect but humans failed by means of the flesh/devil. The devil destroys our thoughts of peace and turns them into thoughts of negative and destructiveness. God wants us to think of everything having a positive effect on us. God has called us to treat out bodies with respect and uplift them as if we were offering them as a sacrifice to Him. We are to treat them as precious as a temple of Holiness. I know for me, this is hard to overcome, especially since the world puts things in our minds 24/7 about the definition of beauty. I believe there is no definition of beauty. Beauty to me is one who loves even when they're heart has been extremely bruised or the love you see when a little child hasn't seen her daddy in a long time and she runs up to give him a hug. That is beauty. The world has beauty as being skinny, tanned, beautiful hair, rich, and so on. This is the world's view of beauty and definitely not a view God intended there to be. We do fall sometimes to the ways of the world and give in to things that we think will give us beauty but in the end we realize that those things will not give us the feelings we're looking for. We want to feel appreciated and loved and valued. God is here to give us that. He lets us know He is here with us to wash all of the false beauty away from our lives. He loves us no matter what we look, act, and feel like. He is the one true love of our lives that will never leave us because we don't look a certain way or act a certain way. He is here for us through thick and thin. He turns no one away from his embracing arms. He is reaching out now, to you. All you have to do is accept His mercy and give Him control of your life and you'll be His definition of beauty. I have failed many times, over and over again, but the Lord is ALWAYS there when I need a hand to help me back up and to teach me what I've been missing all those times. He lets me know that He still loves me even after all the sinful things I have done and that He wants better for me. He has blessed me beyond measure and I'm not deserving of any of it, but I find myself enjoying those blessing because He has allowed me to forgive myself for the torture I've put myself through to be the world's definition of beauty. All I really needed to do was put my life in His hands and accept His love, for me to have His beauty in my life. He's waiting to embrace you, so let Him. It'll be an amazing relationship. :)

1 Samuel 16:7-
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

1 Peter 3:3-4-
Do not let your adornment be merely outward-- arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Samantha Metzger 2015. Powered by Blogger.
© Samantha Metzger and His. Beloved., 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Samantha and His. Beloved. with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.